Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers Where do you like to get plecos?

Where do you like to get plecos?

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:55 am
Cloud20 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I'm curious where y'all like to get your plecos from these days? Do you find yours at a LFS, local breeders, or an online breeder/importer? What do you like about your source? Is it quality of stock, pricing, selection?

Tangled up in Cichlids was my go to but since Mr. Rapps is retiring I'm looking for another awesome source. Here's what caught my eye so far: https://freshwaterexotics.com/current-stock-gallery/

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:13 pm
btn Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

I have gotten some from freshwater exotics, I was very pleased with them. Awhile back I got some off random sellers on aquabid. I believe quality aquatics brings in some good fancy plecos as well. Not sure about other LFS.

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:15 pm
meck3427 Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Sad that Rapp is retiring. I noticed his web site was calling it done a few weeks back.

Two spots that I go to:

First is Freshwater exotics in Milwaukee. They same day ship for $50. All imported wild caught fish, which is a plus if you're going to breed them. Great selection and prices. Have stopped into their fish-room a couple times to pick up fish on my way through town. Super friendly.

Second is Quality Aquatics in Circle Pines. Have some good varieties moving through the shop. Have bought several over the last year. The L201's that I bought last year are breeding for me. Have a couple dozen fry of various sizes. The L75's I bought from him (and a couple from Freshwater Exotics) are still growing out

Other shops around town get in some fun stuff from time to time. Just need to time it right. Anything specific you are looking for?

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers