Board index Headquarters Welcome Fish Keeper in Apple Valley

Fish Keeper in Apple Valley

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Hi Friends!
I joined MFK and the Minnesota Aquarium Society (MAS) in March 2019. I am really excited to get involved and meet some new friends with similar interests at the Aquarium Expo! - https://aquarium.mn/2019

My history with fish keeping has been on and off over the years. In my 20s I kept neons and bred guppies. I am currently only keeping freshwater species and am planning several breeding projects. You can check out my current stock list below.

I have always had a strong fascination with marine aquatics, especially reef setups. Although I haven't set one up yet, I have recently been collecting tanks (a 90 gallon display and 55 gallon sump/refugium) and a protein skimmer to get started.

Some pics here: https://tinyurl.com/jers-fish-pics

Stock List:
Tanks:
300 (?) Gallon Pond [x1]
90 Gallon [x2]
75 Gallon [x1]
55 Gallon Tall [x2]
30 Gallon Hex [x2]
29 Gallon short/breeder [x1]
29 Gallon [x1]
20 Gallon Tall [x1]
18 Gallon rimless cube [x1]
10 Gallon [x5]

Fish:
Ameca splendens - [x1]- (male - others didn't acclimate well)
Aulonocara var (?) (Peacock Cichlids) [x3] - (breeding trio - two females one male)
Betta splendens [x2] - (Adult Males)
Blood Red Parrot Cichlid [x2] - (Hybrid Cichlids - One laid eggs. So, at least one is female)
Carassius auratus - Fancy Goldfish [x3] (2 - extra large; 1 - small)
Corydoras aeneus - Corydoras [x1 - Bronze] and [x9 - Albino]
Crossocheilus oblongus - Siamese Algae Eater [x4]
Danio rerio - Zebra Danio [x10]
Hypostomus plecostomus - [x3 - Albino Bushynose Pleco] and [1x - var (?) unknown]
Neolamprologus brichardi(?) Albino [x1] - (Tanganyika)
Poecilia reticulata - Dumbo Ear Red Mosaic Guppies [Breeding]
Pseudotropheus crabro Albino - Albino Bumble Bee Cichlid [x3]
Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos - Blue Maingano Cichlid [x1] (Female? Mbuna - Malawi )
Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ornatus" [x1] - (Male - Likoma island Mbuna - Malawi)
Pterophyllum scalare - Blue Pinoy Angelfish [x6] - (includes marbles and wide-fins)
Tanichthys albonubes - White Cloud Mountain Minnows [Breeding]
Tanichthys micagemmae - Vietnamese "White Cloud" Minnows [x5]

Non-Fish:
PFR Red Cherry Shrimp
Red Ramshorn Snails
Various Snails (mostly pond snails)

Plants:
Various - will be working on list

Wants:
Fancy White Cloud Minnows
Goodeids (multipunctata, butterfly)
German Blue Ram
Discus
Attachments
me.jpg
me.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Last edited by jergrafs on Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am, edited 30 times in total.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 pm
MplsGuy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Welcome! Sounds like to have a lot of exciting plans. Good luck.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

MplsGuy wrote:
Welcome! Sounds like to have a lot of exciting plans. Good luck.

Hey! Thanks. :)

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Welcome, Jer

You are pretty excited about fish, I like that.
Like a complete unknown

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Passionfish wrote:
Welcome, Jeff.

You are pretty excited about fish, I like that.

Hey Passionfish,

Yes, I am!
I wasn't aware that there was a local community of fish keepers until this week.
So, I was ecstatic to make this discovery.

- Jer (Short for Jeremiah) :)

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Updated Stock List (3/18/19):

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Updated Stock List on March 26, 2019

Post Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Updated Stock List on May 3, 2019

Post Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 pm
AHcichlids Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Awesome! Sounds like a great start! I myself have over 30 tanks and breed only african cichlids from the 3 rift lakes. If interested in any fry for future projects feel free to contact me I have 15+ fry tanks growing outright now as well of many many different peacock and hap species

Post Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

AHcichlids wrote:
Awesome! Sounds like a great start! I myself have over 30 tanks and breed only african cichlids from the 3 rift lakes. If interested in any fry for future projects feel free to contact me I have 15+ fry tanks growing outright now as well of many many different peacock and hap species

Hey AHcichlids; That's awesome!
I would love to see your fish room and I am (almost) always interested in getting new fish (the almost, only refers to whether I have cycled tank ready or not).

I have been working on getting all of my Cichlids from the MAS auction identified.
I think that I finally have and will be updating this thread today with my discoveries and changes to my stock list.
I found out that I have one Tanganyikan in a tank full of Malawi . So, I will need to figure that out. So far, this hasn't caused any major issues.

Also, I set up a new 90 gallon over the past week (And have another 90 in the garage waiting to be cleaned up a bit).
Soon, I will be tearing out some old cabinets that we inherited with the house and building a floor to ceiling rack.
Then, I will have a "true" fish breading room! I am SO excited. :D

Post Thu May 09, 2019 10:32 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Updated Stock List on May 9, 2019

Post Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am
AHcichlids Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

jergrafs wrote:
AHcichlids wrote:

Hey AHcichlids; That's awesome!
I would love to see your fish room and I am (almost) always interested in getting new fish (the almost, only refers to whether I have cycled tank ready or not).

I have been working on getting all of my Cichlids from the MAS auction identified.
I think that I finally have and will be updating this thread today with my discoveries and changes to my stock list.
I found out that I have one Tanganyikan in a tank full of Malawi . So, I will need to figure that out. So far, this hasn't caused any major issues.

Also, I set up a new 90 gallon over the past week (And have another 90 in the garage waiting to be cleaned up a bit).
Soon, I will be tearing out some old cabinets that we inherited with the house and building a floor to ceiling rack.
Then, I will have a "true" fish breading room! I am SO excited. :D

Awesome sounds great! I actually have a thread posted in the sell section here with my current list of everything growing and available.

Return to Welcome