Board index Fish Talk Other Fish Halfmoon plakat breeding

Halfmoon plakat breeding

Stop in here for talk on fish not listed above.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 pm
Ranchu User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Man it has been probably almost 6 years since i've raised and bred betta splendens. I stopped breeding B. Macrostoma for over a year too. I didnt intially planned to breed anymore but the new "big ear dumbo" halfmoon plakats have caught my attention. big ear dumbos are basically bettas with big fluffy pectoral fins like dumbo the elephant's ears.

The male came from ThaiBetta in st. paul while the female came from Pond de plakats also in saint paul.

here is the male, he basically has everything i wanted. Big dumbo ears, skyhawk dorsal, over halfmoon tail and pretty well proportion body.

the female looks very similar and may be siblings, who knows....also halfmoon with big dumbo ears but no skyhawk dorsal. bad pictures but i didnt want to leave them too long as he may start attacking.

here is a quick video

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ ... G_0086.mp4

It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this. I may get DTs, halfmoons, big ear dumbos, colors? we'll see!

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm
bronzie8 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Good luck with the spawn, they are gorgeous. Keep us up to date with the babies and some pics.
Finally got my fish room ;0)

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am
samxais User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

beautiful betta's . if they were more active I would also breed them also. goodluck with them.
"No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish."

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am
SnowMouse User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Really pretty bettas! Glad to know how healthy they look :)

Return to Other Fish