Board index Fish Talk Livebearers and Killifish Guppy tail size

Guppy tail size

Discuss livebearers and killifish here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 pm
Leafray Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

hi,
I have a few questions for you guys, first of all how do you upload pics onto this forum, second, I have a couple of tuxedo guppies and I am wondering if the tail of the guppies would keep growing, they are 4 months old and their colors are almost all showing, thier parents are a delta tailed tuxedo and I think the mom is a full red snakeskin with a lyretail, (she deid) I was hoping to upload a pic of them so you guys could tell me if his tail would keep growing
Thx!

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:52 pm
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

To upload pictures onto the forum, you'll need to use a commercial service like Photobucket. Upload pictures and videos onto their site (mostly free) and add links from the picture/video to your message. They'll show up here as pictures or videos.

As for your guppies, it depends on your genetics. For full delta tail guppies, the tails on the males will not reach maximum size until 9 months or so. At four months, your guppies have just reached sexual maturity. You can go to the International Fancy Guppy Association website to view pictures of show quality fish.

Good luck, Willie

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:48 pm
Leafray Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

ThaNk you!

Return to Livebearers and Killifish