Board index Fish Talk Livebearers and Killifish Livebearer expert coming to the Twin Cities this week

Livebearer expert coming to the Twin Cities this week

Discuss livebearers and killifish here.

Moderator: Moderators

born ready User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Greg Sage, who breeds and sells a variety of livebearer species at selectaquatics.com will be speaking at the monthly MAS meeting this Thursday on how to breed a line of fish for selected traits. He will also be doing another talk on Friday night at the home of an MAS member. Those of you interested in livebearers shouldn't miss this chance to not only learn from Greg's experience in line breeding, but also to meet him and talk about the many rare livebearer species he keeps.

See aquarium.mn for details.
Andy

Your tanks aren't too small. Your fish are too big.

born ready User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

I have to correct myself. Greg is certainly still coming, but the talk at Thursday's meeting is an overview of the many rare species of livebearer which are available in the hobby, but not well known. Greg will speak on Friday night about breeding for selective traits. Details at aquarium.mn
Andy

Your tanks aren't too small. Your fish are too big.

checkie_check Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I got a question, I believe you can attend monthly meeting without a membership right? But can you attend the bonus Friday meeting if you are not a member of M.A.S?
Thanks.

Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

checkie_check wrote:
I got a question, I believe you can attend monthly meeting without a membership right? But can you attend the bonus Friday meeting if you are not a member of M.A.S?
Thanks.

Regular meetings are open to all. Typically bonus talks like the one on friday are members only, both as a bonus to members and because of the limited space in a private home. I highly recommend a membership anyway since you help bring in speakers like Greg, and it pays for itself pretty quickly if you are selling at auctions or taking advantage of bap and hap auctions.
That said, I believe a host can open up his or her meeting to nonmembers if they wish, but you would need to contact them via the info on aquarium.mn.
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Plan on spending some time with Greg. He is a livebearer keeper. If you keep livebearers and will be available on Thursday afternoon or Saturday morning to show Greg your fish, contact me and we will stop by your place.
Like a complete unknown

Return to Livebearers and Killifish