Board index Aquaria Topics Tanks and Equipment Water storage containers.

Water storage containers.

Tanks, hard goods, decor, shipping... everything non-living goes here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:33 pm
Webster Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

I would like to start prepping my water for water changes ahead of time. So I need to fill a container of some sort with the water. LOL I am thinking a 20 gallon size something. A barrel is probably best. I know that they are online. Does it need to be food grade? Or for potable water? They are quite expensive. If someone had a lead on something that size that was local and could be picked up, that would be great. I live in Buffalo. I know I can go to Menards or Wal Mart and get a trash can or storage container, but is that good enough? I don't want the plastic to leach something into the water.

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:15 pm
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

You can find food grade 55-gal plastic barrels on Craig's List.

Willie

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:56 am
scott Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Webster - you've seen my 55 gallon barrel. It was used to hold orange juice originally. Used craigslist and found it from a person over by Deer lake for $15 or so. He had others on his property too - a couple of smaller ones mixed in there. They were dirty but cleaned up nice. There is also a person (business) south of Annandale that had a bunch of used ones for sale. They were on Craigslist too.

Scott.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:55 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Saw one on curb the other day. Forget where.
Look for all white or all blue. They do not leach into water.
Like a complete unknown

Return to Tanks and Equipment