Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers Brushy nose only breed in caves?

Brushy nose only breed in caves?

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Moretroutbell Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

I have a male albino and female albino brushy nose pleco. No caves for spawning just a lot of plants and wood and rocks. I had not seen them both in a while then today about an inch plus baby albino was next to the male and female on a piece of driftwood. So obviously it had grown a while to get that size. Would it be safe to assume there would be more little ones in there if I move the rocks and driftwood around?
Speakin Tanganykian on the weekend has me freakin

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 pm
Nzac User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Depending on what other fish are in the tank. Other fish will gladly eat baby plecos
I have some scaley and a few not so scaley creatures living in glass houses full of water in the other room

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm
Moretroutbell Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Thanks for that. I may be moving a few angel fish from the tank to another tank soon. They would be my first suspects towards eating small fry although they grew up and left the tetras alone.
Speakin Tanganykian on the weekend has me freakin

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:49 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Congrats.

Must have a tight space some place in your tank for male to incubate eggs. Agreed that fry removal is necessary to successful raise them.
Like a complete unknown

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers