Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers cat fish

cat fish

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 pm
pandakeeper Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF RED TAIL CAT IS KNOWN TO KILL OTHER RED TAIL CAT ,BECAUSE I HAD MY WATER CHECK OUT AT PET SMART AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM AND I LOST TWO CATS ALREADY

OR CAN YOU HAVE TWO MANY CATS IN ONE TANK? IF IT MATTERS I HAD 6 IN ONE TANK,NOW I HAVE 4 IN TANK?

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 pm
Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

pandakeeper wrote:
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME IF RED TAIL CAT IS KNOWN TO KILL OTHER RED TAIL CAT ,BECAUSE I HAD MY WATER CHECK OUT AT PET SMART AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM AND I LOST TWO CATS ALREADY

OR CAN YOU HAVE TWO MANY CATS IN ONE TANK? IF IT MATTERS I HAD 6 IN ONE TANK,NOW I HAVE 4 IN TANK?

Sorry, I'm going to be blunt here. 1 is too much for even a 125g aquarium, to keep 6 you would need 1000g minimum.
They are aggressive cats, they will eat eachother (along with anything else that will fit in their mouths) and honestly they should never be sold as pets to the general public. I'd try to take the remaining 4 back to the shop you got them from for a refund. If you really want large aggressive cats there are about 50 better options out there.

Also, please lose the caps lock, no one likes to be shouted at.
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:08 pm
A+ Tropical Fish User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

They will eat anything, including their own species. Certain species should not be housed in home aquariums ie:red tail catfish, arapiama, alligator gars etc.
A+ Tropical Fish and Maintenance
Phone: (763)222-5457
Email: pleco.predatory.oddball.keeper@gmail.com

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 pm
RookieMistake Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

They grow into massive beasts. I agree with Vashjir, I really don't think they should be sold to the public; they just outgrow all aquariums.

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers