Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers My plecos

My plecos

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm
Templeflower Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

My L66 babies finally made it home safely today, so I thought it was time to share my plecos.

I have 3 super red ancistrus, at breeding age. The ladies are starting to get gravid, so I'm hopeful I will see some babies within the next month or so.

This is my smaller female (Best fish photo I have taken to date!)

And here are two of the three new baby King Tigers, Hypancistrus L066- still acclimating.

They are pretty tiny still, but look healthy. Hopefully I will be successful with them!

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 pm
JKhang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

The L066 king tiger is one of my favorite plecos! Last week while FLP had its 50% off sale, I purchased three (all they had). I now have four total. Enjoy the ones you have!

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 am
Level 4 Member

Thank you, I certainly will. They are good little hiders, that's for sure. I think they have taken up residence in a tiny pit under my big driftwood. I'm much more used to ancistrus, which are out and about with a decent amount of frequency.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm
JKhang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

It's amazing how some plecos can hide from sight for long periods of time! I sometimes forget I even own some of the plecos I own. Haha.

The L66s from my experience are quite shy! They're still worth having though.

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am
Level 4 Member

How do you tell if they are getting enough to eat?

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:49 pm
JKhang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

A pleco that's eating well will have an underside that's slightly rounded. A pleco that is not eating well will typically have a concaved underside. Just make sure you feed yours before you turn off the lights since they're nocturnal. They'll spend a good portion of the night looking for food.

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm
Level 4 Member

Thanks- they're so hard to see, as they hide so well, that was where I was concerned. My ancistrus I can observe all the time- they're fat and sassy. But the little L66s, I'm going to have to try to spy on them at night.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 pm
Level 4 Member

OK, so I finally managed to figure out what my little king tigers did with themselves during the day. And the answer is, snuggle into the cracks of the slate background in the left corner. So since they were napping, I thought I'd try to take a picture. Slightly out of focus, and larger then life, but here is one of them. (Happy to report all 3 have nice round bellies, and are clearly eating well after lights out!)

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:04 pm
Cloud20 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I hope those L066 plecos do well for you! They're one of my favorites. They like to hide a lot until it gets dark, then they're out sneaking around... really cool plecos :D

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 pm
JKhang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Cloud20 wrote:
I hope those L066 plecos do well for you! They're one of my favorites. They like to hide a lot until it gets dark, then they're out sneaking around... really cool plecos :D

I bought your L066 - worth the drive up there. It's still alive and well.

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers