Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers Corydoras aeneus eggs

Corydoras aeneus eggs

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:35 pm
scott Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I have a group of 9 plain ol' bronze cory's in my planted 40 breeder that lay eggs on the glass weekly. These guys (and girls) are underrated in my opinion. As a group, they are digging through the substrate in the same area or resting in the same area at the same time. It's the group mentality that makes them so interesting. They will all be resting and when the food hits the water, they all get going looking for their share - very cool behavior. The females are big and round while the males are slimmer with the same coloration.

Anyway, one of these times I'm going to pull the eggs and see if I'm able to raise them to BAP.

Here's a picture of one of the males and a picture of a group of eggs on the front glass.

Scott.
Attachments
49799505247_15715b6a20_c.jpg
49799498477_c608c1b817_c.jpg

Post Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:58 pm
meck3427 Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Cool stuff Scott. Agree that they are underrated. Any school of Cories is a blast to watch.

Just throw a breeder box on the tank and pull a few eggs. Surprised you haven't already found a couple stray juveniles swimming around.

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 pm
scott Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Thanks for the reply meck3427,

I was able to remove a batch of eggs and put them in a container. Only 4 hatched. Lost one and am raising the other three on baby brine shrimp. About 2 weeks old now and growing quite a bit.

Will try again and remove the next batch of eggs and hopefully to get a few more.

Scott.

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers