Board index Fish Talk Catfish and Bottom Dwellers Do Assassin snails eat cory or pleco eggs?

Do Assassin snails eat cory or pleco eggs?

Catfish? Loaches? Stop in here.

Moderator: Moderators

meck3427 Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Have been reading conflicting info on snails in general and specifically assassins eating eggs of corys or plecos. Anyone out there have experience, knowledge they can share? Introduced them to a tank with LDA001 plecos and a group of corys. Can the male plecos defend the eggs?

Thanks

btn Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

I have been keeping an eye on this post, hoping to see some replies. I have a bunch of assassin snails breeding in a tank with some panaqolus. Have you found any additional information elsewhere?

meck3427 Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Couple of YouTubers saying they boil driftwood when they move it from an aquarium with assassin snails to another aquarium to prevent the spread. The context was snails eating catfish eggs. Love some of Rachael's videos, just would like more to go on.

meck3427 Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

BTN, should have asked, what variety of pleco? I have LDA01 and L397 in the Panaqulos.

btn Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

L398 Panaqolus tankei, similar to 398's, more brown than orange. I had one successful spawn last spring, nothing since.

I had a few assassin's in the tank for a prior snail issue, they have been multiplying and I am working on getting them out.

Seeing those pleco's when they are displaying their breeding behavior and wrestling around in the cave, I would think they would have no issue kicking an assassin snail out of the cave.

Return to Catfish and Bottom Dwellers