Board index Fish Talk Old World Cichlids Lake Victoria/Other Africans Pelvicachromis subocellatus

Pelvicachromis subocellatus

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:37 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Thank you, Passionfish! They will get prettier and I will get better at taking pics and we'll be able to see them better. *I* like them. I can't not like a Pelvie. They're so damn cute. (Though I don't like the 'long-nosed' ones.)

Wow. I didn't mean to stir something up and create a ruckus. Just state how I feel about what *I* do. I never get on anyone that does hybrids or whatever. That's they're business. My business is I stay away from them. I don't comment, I don't give anyone grief, I keep to myself. Now... If someone would ASK me... LOL!

I just have to do what I feel is ethical for me. I have standards so unrealistically high, I can't even attain them. And I've been known to cut my nose off to spite my face many, many, many times before. I just have to do what I believe is the correct thing to do. For *me*.

I don't understand all that you typed, Passionfish, and I'll try to. IF it's okay to breed these since it's the same species but different morphs, I would like to.

We'll see. We certainly aren't going to put this to bed tonite. I just what to do what I consider best for me. That's all. Will take some thought and decision making.
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Netzsche
"Old aquariests never die. They just begin to stink." mk
"So many fish; not enough outlets." mk

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:51 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

The Pelvies are the smallest fish in the tank. Everyone is getting along. They don't like green flakes. One large female hangs to herself. Everyone seems happy - you should see their smiles! LOL!

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:58 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Bobber, the four items you listed about breeding fish - sports, etc. - is that your opinion OR the opinion of a fish biologist you agree with or the practices of a well respected fish place... like a museum, or aquarium?

Just wondering. I just want to know if I agree with YOU or with Joe The World Renowned Fish Hunter from the World's Best Aquarium. Like are you quoting someone/someplace or are those your own ideas? (Why I just couldn't say that to begin with I don't know!)

Previous

Return to Lake Victoria/Other Africans