Board index Fish Talk Old World Cichlids Lake Victoria/Other Africans 5 Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Moliwe"

5 Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Moliwe"

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:43 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

I got five brand NEW baby, TEENY-TINY P. taeniatus "Moliwes"!!!!!!!! They are SO CUTE!!! Pelvies back in da'houz!!! :mrgreen: Gonna watch'um grow and get adult and color up and [hopefully] breed! They're darling!

Thank you SO MUCH, Stui!!!!!!

mk
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Netzsche
"Old aquariests never die. They just begin to stink." mk
"So many fish; not enough outlets." mk

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:13 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

The little guys are doing really well. I've never seen fish swim so fast, eat so fast or pig out like these little guys! A lot of times when they swim, they keep their widdow noses right on the glass and scoot along at top speed with their tails in the air. Funniest thing and it just cracks me up.

I *think* I have three males and two females. Not that I can tell by looking at them. One of the larger fish hangs with two smaller ones. And the other two fish hide. The larger of the three keeps everyone else away from the little ones. I don't know. Maybe it's a female and she thinks those are her kids. Who knows?

It's fun and such a good feeling to watch these little ones be healthy and grow.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:10 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

My little Moliwes! They're so damn cute!!! :D One of the wee little guys has a spot on it's tail fin!!! And either s/he of another one was the turquoise on it's gill cover!!!

They are so fun to watch grow! :D I'm going to somehow try and figure out where I can put another tank. The kitchen? And make that one the hopspital tank. Then I can make this one, the one right beside me with the Moliwes, a nano tank or a small community tank or something. It is such a pleasure to be able to sit here comfortably and get up close to these guys.

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:37 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Is it possible for teeny-tiny Pelvi. to do mating stuff even if they can't mate? My little guys will get to wriggling their fins and tail fin like crazy as well as kind'a bend in half. That's all they do; don't run off and make a cave or anything. Just wriggle like crazy!

Or does the fin flapping a mile a minute mean something else?

Return to Lake Victoria/Other Africans