Board index Fish Talk Old World Cichlids Lake Tanganyika Lepidiolamprologus attenautus

Lepidiolamprologus attenautus

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:04 pm
AHcichlids Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

I picked up a juvenile group of lepidiolamprologus attenautus today. Still small 2” at the moment. 8 in the group. Carnivorous and mean when breeding and substrate spawner. Any one else have any input as to how exactly these are? All information I found was rock piles with fine sand for breeding. Once bigger above 4” the group will move to a bigger 6’ tank to reduce that aggression. Otherwise any other information I might wanna know about?
African cichlids breeder local to Minnesota with over 40 tanks in my room and 16+ dedicated breeding groups

2019 Minnesota aquarium society breeder of the year

Post Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:27 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Congrats. If you need to reduce tank density call or text. Thanks
Like a complete unknown

Post Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:11 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Use dark caves for breeding. 10” long allow closed end to remain dark. Ceramic caves often match rock decor but pvc pipes work. Rich S used pvc with a T. The opening, then 8 to 10” of pipe to T, then another 6” or so out of T with end caps on each side. Plenty dark in tube to end caps.
If you see alpha male damage other males, get other males out of tank as alpha will kill lesser males.
Like a complete unknown

Return to Lake Tanganyika