Board index Headquarters Welcome Hello from SE MN

Hello from SE MN

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 pm
LichCid Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hi, I am down in the Rochester area. Started a small 20 gallon a couple years ago with some standard tropical fish. That turned into a 55 quickly enough. Then I setup a 75G cichlid tank last year and they are by far my favorite. I have what research brought me to think would be good starter mbuna choices, yellow lab, acei, and rusty. Now at the point where I have more juveniles than I started with and they are going to need re-homed. Most have moved to a 20G, but they are going to outgrow it pretty soon.

I have definitely enjoyed some DIY aspects, trying to build custom filters, stands, etc. Put a ton of time and experimentation into a custom 7G bucket filter, plumbing was fine but the 2 lid options I tried never gave me enough confidence to deploy it. Ended up running an FX6 with a sunsun for redundancy.

Anyway, might be cool to find some other cichlid keepers down this way!

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Welcome.

There is a fish auction this weekend and you can sell your overstock there. For details check aquarium.mn
Like a complete unknown

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 pm
LichCid Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Thanks @passionfish!

I signed up for a MAS membership last night! Unfortunately I have family in town and can not make it to the auction :cry:. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Return to Welcome