Board index Headquarters Welcome Hello

Hello

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun May 26, 2019 11:33 am
Christopher Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

I am new to Minnesota and live in Rochester. I am looking for a good "local" fish store. I specifically am looking for a new aquarium as well as the various accessories and a decent selection of saltwater fish and corals. I had a 210 that broke in the move that was brand new... :cry: I was thinking a 180 (bit shallower for light penetration) to replace it but no one seems to carry them in stock.
Could anyone recommend a good store , or stores, that would carry large glass aquariums in stock?
I didn't want to order because I wanted to inspect it fully before buying. I have heard stories.
Thank you in advance and I look forward to communicating more with the community here.
Chris

Post Sun May 26, 2019 1:32 pm
willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Forest Lake Pets is the store with the best pricing on new tanks. Not too shabby on fish either.

Willie

Post Mon May 27, 2019 6:55 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Welcome Christopher

Sea Level may be another option on best price. Pretty sure John would have to order in a new 180 though.
Forest Lake Pets does have 180 gal in stock and thus inspection before purchase is possible. Other stores in Twin Cities also keep 180 gal in stock but in my experience, prices are higher.

There are saltwater sections in both Sea Level and Forest Lake. Other stores have even wider selections of both frags and salt water fish.
Like a complete unknown

Post Mon May 27, 2019 7:01 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

I suspect you have also checked out http://www.tcmas.org/home.php
Like a complete unknown

Post Mon May 27, 2019 10:34 am
Level 1 Member

Passionfish wrote:
I suspect you have also checked out http://www.tcmas.org/home.php

I had not yet, thank you for the link.

Post Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am
Level 1 Member

willie wrote:
Forest Lake Pets is the store with the best pricing on new tanks. Not too shabby on fish either.

Willie

Thank you Willie,
I will give them a try. I am hoping to get this setup within the next couple of weeks.
Chris

Return to Welcome