Board index Headquarters Welcome Hi!

Hi!

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Hi!

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 am
Aquamatrix Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Hello, just want to introduce myself. I'm from France, i live in Minneapolis for about 4 years now. I'm a fish keeper for about 20 years, only African cichlids. When i was in France, i used to breed mostly Acei and Rusty but because of a lack of room, i had to keep the breeding relatively slow. Now it's different, i've the space, i've a modest knowledge about what i'm doing and it works rather good. I breed German Red, Sulfur Head, Neo. Pulcher and Tropheus for about a year now, so far i always found people who want juveniles so that's good. I plan to get my fish room way bigger soon, i'm actually working on getting ready to set up new tanks here and there. Right now, my setup is very modest, i have 9 tanks: 3 show tanks (110, 75, 55) and 6 breeding/fry tanks (mostly 29 gallons).
I'd be glad to share some experiences with you guys, i'm sure that I'll still learn a lot.
Sometimes i get trapped in a newbie issue, like recently, i got a bacteria bloom in one of my show-tank, just because i messed up too much with the cleaning. It happens, i also got a Victorian hap with ich, which freaked me out, since she was in a tank with a lot of very expensive fish. But yeah! Fish keeping is a huge work, especially when you got the "lot of tanks" syndrome, but it's so worth it!
Have a nice day!

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:36 am
ROWEBLAST User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Welcome to the forum! Nice to meet another local fishkeeper!
Minnesota Aquarium Society
MAS Board of Directors 2015 to Present
Hobbyist Since 2010

Check Us Out @ Aquarium.MN

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Thanks for checking in. Breeding Tropheus is not so easy. Congratulations.
Like a complete unknown

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am
Aquamatrix Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Thanx for the welcome!
I will make a post based on my experience with breeding Tropheus.

Return to Welcome