Board index Headquarters Welcome New here from way up north!

New here from way up north!

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 am
Nash User avatar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hello guys, thought I'd join up finding a Minnesota forum. I am in Roseau, way up by Lake of the Woods. Tough getting things here.

Anyways relatively new to the hobby, but I like a good challenge. Things have definitely changed since starting up though. Had gotten a 60 to kick things off, got tetras and whatnot for a fish in cycle, decided to do a styro background so tore it down, borrowed a 55 to house everything and knocked out that project switched everything from gravel to pfs. Originally really wanted to keep trophs and they're definitely on my to do list.

Wife's friend wanted out of the hobby and ended up with a second 60, and 3 other tanks, everything he had to get out including a small primarily yellow lab colony for a heck of a deal for tanks fish and equipment. And of course the wife wanted to keep the cycle fish!

So I have 2 60's running and a 20
60.1 - 8 juvi yl's 12 juvi mixed mbuna, a huge ob peacock and ~10 adult yellows running as a show tank at my inlaws store. (Overstocked I know)
60.2 - home show with 8 adult yellows a couple juvi, a single hap, juvi ob, fulleborni, single juvi troph Ikola and a pleco some anubias, -dual cascade 1000 canisters with Biohome media
20.1 - mixed tetra community tank, dwarf gorami and a green tb.
20.2 - storage/sale/hospital
40B - storage, but wanting a mini troph colony! But Wife doesn't want any more tanks running.

Anyways long winded but that's what I have going on up here.

Diy led lights
Diy window privacy film background
Diy styrofoam partial background cave system
Diy under substrate jet, running of canister output
Pool filter sand

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 am
Nash User avatar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Welcome Nash. Your tanks are very clean and rock decor looks good for mbuna.

If you can find time to drive to MAS auction, there are good to excellent prices on aquaria and livestock.

Typically do not discuss specifics on fish or whatever in the Welcome section. Some users look for threads in specific sections and avoid threads in other sections. If you want to discuss any of your tanks, fish, etc then start a new thread in another section.
Like a complete unknown

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 am
Nash User avatar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Passionfish wrote:
Welcome Nash. Your tanks are very clean and rock decor looks good for mbuna.

If you can find time to drive to MAS auction, there are good to excellent prices on aquaria and livestock.

Typically do not discuss specifics on fish or whatever in the Welcome section. Some users look for threads in specific sections and avoid threads in other sections. If you want to discuss any of your tanks, fish, etc then start a new thread in another section.

I appreciate the welcome, and i'll throw up a partial build thread from the background in the future. I know it was a little over detailed for a welcome but thought I'd throw out everything and where I am in the hobby.

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 pm
Pierre User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Welcome to the forum!
No fish room here... Just a bunch of tanks :twisted:

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:54 pm
Nash User avatar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Pierre wrote:
Welcome to the forum!