Board index Headquarters Welcome Getting back into fish after long absence

Getting back into fish after long absence

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

hamlet10 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 22
Location: Plymouth, MN
We bought a new house that has an unfinished room in the basement that is perfect for a few tanks, so I've set up what I kept from about 10 years ago.

I have a couple of 55 gallon tanks with two dual stands. I still had one 20 gallon high to go on the bottom of one of the stands, so I've got those three tanks set up now.

I have a pair of Kribs and some platies in one of the 55's (with a little bushy nose). I have some tiger barbs in the other 55 ( and a bushy nose ). The 20 high just has a bushy nose because I can't decide what to put in it.

Back in the day, I bred a few fish ( Kribs, cherry barbs, Rosy Barbs, live bearers, a couple other cichlids, and some bushies). I enjoy that aspect of the hobby a lot. I'll probably try to breed most of what I get eventually.

loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posts: 1306
Location: Eagan, MN

Welcome back. Seems like no one quits this hobby. They just push pause for a while.

willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Posts: 1862
Location: Minneapolis
Come to the auction in two weeks and you'll fill up the basement in an afternoon!

Willie

hamlet10 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 22
Location: Plymouth, MN
willie wrote:
Come to the auction in two weeks and you'll fill up the basement in an afternoon!

Willie


I'm hoping to get there, but with two small daughters I have trouble getting a whole day away from home these days.

If I don't make it, I'll probably try to get to November's MAS meeting and renew my membership and pick up something in the BAP auction.

I think it is pretty neat that I could still find my BAP stuff in the online system. Hopefully I'll have a couple of things to add to it in 2017.

born ready User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Posts: 672
Location: Stillwater
Welcome back. I look forward to meeting you at MAS.
Andy

Your tanks aren't too small. Your fish are too big.
........................................................................

hamlet10 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 22
Location: Plymouth, MN
hamlet10 wrote:
willie wrote:
Come to the auction in two weeks and you'll fill up the basement in an afternoon!

Willie


I'm hoping to get there, but with two small daughters I have trouble getting a whole day away from home these days.

If I don't make it, I'll probably try to get to November's MAS meeting and renew my membership and pick up something in the BAP auction.

I think it is pretty neat that I could still find my BAP stuff in the online system. Hopefully I'll have a couple of things to add to it in 2017.


At the auction, can people pay for what they've won and leave anytime? I can get away for a few hours that day, but I can't stay for the whole day.

coheedandcambriarules Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Posts: 179
Location: rochester, mn
Yep. Pay and leave anytime. That's all I get to do and I have to bring 2 of my 3 daughters with me to be able to go... and iPads... I forgot those last time. Bad move...

hamlet10 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 22
Location: Plymouth, MN
coheedandcambriarules wrote:
Yep. Pay and leave anytime. That's all I get to do and I have to bring 2 of my 3 daughters with me to be able to go... and iPads... I forgot those last time. Bad move...


Sounds good. I just picked up two tanks on Craigslist ( 55 and a 45 on a double stand ) tonight, so I'll be on the lookout for something to put in them.


Return to Welcome

cron