Board index Headquarters Welcome Hello (Again)

Hello (Again)

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 pm
jschmit Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Well, I definitely forgot my password to my old account on here so it was time for a new account! A lot of you guys from 6 or 7 years ago should remember me (JKohn). My two "weak spots" with fish are Pelvicachromis and Tanganikan Shell Dwellers. Got into the hobby when my then-boyfriend-now-husband got me two pairs of Pelv. Taeniatus "Moliwe" (now Pelv. Kribinsis "Moliwe") for Valentine's Day roughly 7-8 years ago and they were probably my favorite fish to date. Around that time, I saw the Pelvicachromis sp "Blue Fin" just coming on to the scene, instantly fell in love with them and have been quietly poking around to find some. We did FINALLY acquire these fish, now called the Enigmatochromis Lucanusi, thanks to Ted Judy and it looks, as of right now as they are still juveniles, that we have one male and three females (one has tail spots/clear dorsal and three have no tail spots, turquoise dorsal fins). I am really looking forward to watching these fish grow and hopefully spawn!

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:04 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome back! If you want to track down your old account, just let me know. I can help you recover that.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:06 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Nice cichlid Jamie.
You maybe the only one on the block with this cichlid.
Like a complete unknown

Post Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 am
daphilster08 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Welcome back.

Too bad you just missed Ted Judy talk about Pelvicachromis last thursday at the MAS meeting. I am not a member because I work most thursdays but I could make this one and was glad I did. It was an amazing presentation! These are also one of my favorite fish! I was breeding them in college and trading them in to the LFS or selling(for beer money) :mrgreen:
-Phil

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:05 pm
born ready User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Welcome to the forum!
Andy

Your tanks aren't too small. Your fish are too big.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:41 am
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

daphilster08 wrote:
Welcome back.

Too bad you just missed Ted Judy talk about Pelvicachromis last thursday at the MAS meeting. I am not a member because I work most thursdays but I could make this one and was glad I did. It was an amazing presentation! These are also one of my favorite fish! I was breeding them in college and trading them in to the LFS or selling(for beer money) :mrgreen:

Husband here- No we made it to the talk, that's when Ted brought us the Blue-Fins. Ted gives great presentations.
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:32 am
daphilster08 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Oh cool we got a married couple on here! I must have saw you! I was the one that came in a little late and was standing in the straight back. It was a great talk!
-Phil

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:56 am
maxarko19 Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

jschmit wrote:
Well, I definitely forgot my password to my old account on here so it was time for a new account! A lot of you guys from 6 or 7 years ago should remember me (JKohn). My two "weak spots" with fish are Pelvicachromis and Tanganikan Shell Dwellers. Got into the hobby when my then-boyfriend-now-husband got me two pairs of Pelv. Taeniatus "Moliwe" (now Pelv. Kribinsis "Moliwe") for Valentine's Day roughly 7-8 years ago and they were probably my favorite fish to date. Around that time, I saw the Pelvicachromis sp "Blue Fin" just coming on to the scene, instantly fell in love with them and have been quietly poking around to find some. We did FINALLY acquire these fish, now called the Enigmatochromis Lucanusi, thanks to Ted Judy and it looks, as of right now as they are still juveniles, that we have one male and three females (one has tail spots/clear dorsal and three have no tail spots, turquoise dorsal fins). I am really looking forward to watching these fish grow and hopefully spawn!

Any shell dweller fry or adults available for purchase?

Return to Welcome