Board index Headquarters Welcome Fish Keeper in Apple Valley

Fish Keeper in Apple Valley

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Hi Friends!
I joined MFK and the Minnesota Aquarium Society (MAS) in March 2019. I am really excited to get involved and meet some new friends with similar interests at the Aquarium Expo! - https://aquarium.mn/2019

My history with fish keeping has been on and off over the years. In my 20s I kept neons and bred guppies. I am currently only keeping freshwater species and am planning several breeding projects. You can check out my current stock list below.

I have always had a strong fascination with marine aquatics, especially reef setups. Although I haven't set one up yet, I have recently been collecting tanks (a 90 gallon display and 55 gallon sump/refugium) and a protein skimmer to get started.

Some pics here: https://tinyurl.com/jers-fish-pics

Stock List:
Tanks:
300 (?) Gallon Pond [x1]
90 Gallon [x2]
75 Gallon [x1]
55 Gallon Tall [x2]
30 Gallon Hex [x2]
29 Gallon short/breeder [x1]
29 Gallon [x1]
20 Gallon Tall [x1]
18 Gallon rimless cube [x1]
10 Gallon [x5]

Fish:
Ameca splendens - [x1]- (male - others didn't acclimate well)
Aulonocara var (?) (Peacock Cichlids) [x3] - (breeding trio - two females one male)
Betta splendens [x2] - (Adult Males)
Blood Red Parrot Cichlid [x2] - (Hybrid Cichlids - One laid eggs. So, at least one is female)
Carassius auratus - Fancy Goldfish [x3] (2 - extra large; 1 - small)
Corydoras aeneus - Corydoras [x1 - Bronze] and [x9 - Albino]
Crossocheilus oblongus - Siamese Algae Eater [x4]
Danio rerio - Zebra Danio [x10]
Hypostomus plecostomus - [x3 - Albino Bushynose Pleco] and [1x - var (?) unknown]
Neolamprologus brichardi(?) Albino [x1] - (Tanganyika)
Poecilia reticulata - Dumbo Ear Red Mosaic Guppies [Breeding]
Pseudotropheus crabro Albino - Albino Bumble Bee Cichlid [x3]
Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos - Blue Maingano Cichlid [x1] (Female? Mbuna - Malawi )
Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ornatus" [x1] - (Male - Likoma island Mbuna - Malawi)
Pterophyllum scalare - Blue Pinoy Angelfish [x6] - (includes marbles and wide-fins)
Tanichthys albonubes - White Cloud Mountain Minnows [Breeding]
Tanichthys micagemmae - Vietnamese "White Cloud" Minnows [x5]

Non-Fish:
PFR Red Cherry Shrimp
Red Ramshorn Snails
Various Snails (mostly pond snails)

Plants:
Various - will be working on list

Wants:
Fancy White Cloud Minnows
Goodeids (multipunctata, butterfly)
German Blue Ram
Discus
Attachments
me.jpg
me.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Last edited by jergrafs on Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am, edited 30 times in total.
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 pm
MplsGuy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Posts: 113
Welcome! Sounds like to have a lot of exciting plans. Good luck.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
MplsGuy wrote:
Welcome! Sounds like to have a lot of exciting plans. Good luck.


Hey! Thanks. :)
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Posts: 12129
Location: apple valley, mn
Welcome, Jer

You are pretty excited about fish, I like that.
Like a complete unknown

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Passionfish wrote:
Welcome, Jeff.

You are pretty excited about fish, I like that.

Hey Passionfish,

Yes, I am!
I wasn't aware that there was a local community of fish keepers until this week.
So, I was ecstatic to make this discovery.

- Jer (Short for Jeremiah) :)
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Updated Stock List (3/18/19):
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:08 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Updated Stock List on March 26, 2019
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 pm
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Updated Stock List on May 3, 2019
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 pm
AHcichlids Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 18
Location: Forest lake MN
Awesome! Sounds like a great start! I myself have over 30 tanks and breed only african cichlids from the 3 rift lakes. If interested in any fry for future projects feel free to contact me I have 15+ fry tanks growing outright now as well of many many different peacock and hap species
African cichlids breeder local to Minnesota with over 30 tanks in my room and 12+ dedicated breeding groups

Post Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
AHcichlids wrote:
Awesome! Sounds like a great start! I myself have over 30 tanks and breed only african cichlids from the 3 rift lakes. If interested in any fry for future projects feel free to contact me I have 15+ fry tanks growing outright now as well of many many different peacock and hap species


Hey AHcichlids; That's awesome!
I would love to see your fish room and I am (almost) always interested in getting new fish (the almost, only refers to whether I have cycled tank ready or not).

I have been working on getting all of my Cichlids from the MAS auction identified.
I think that I finally have and will be updating this thread today with my discoveries and changes to my stock list.
I found out that I have one Tanganyikan in a tank full of Malawi . So, I will need to figure that out. So far, this hasn't caused any major issues.

Also, I set up a new 90 gallon over the past week (And have another 90 in the garage waiting to be cleaned up a bit).
Soon, I will be tearing out some old cabinets that we inherited with the house and building a floor to ceiling rack.
Then, I will have a "true" fish breading room! I am SO excited. :D
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Thu May 09, 2019 10:32 am
jergrafs User avatar
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Posts: 44
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Updated Stock List on May 9, 2019
Check out my current fish list and photos:
https://aquarium.mn/members/profile/jergrafs

Post Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am
AHcichlids Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Posts: 18
Location: Forest lake MN
jergrafs wrote:
AHcichlids wrote:
Awesome! Sounds like a great start! I myself have over 30 tanks and breed only african cichlids from the 3 rift lakes. If interested in any fry for future projects feel free to contact me I have 15+ fry tanks growing outright now as well of many many different peacock and hap species


Hey AHcichlids; That's awesome!
I would love to see your fish room and I am (almost) always interested in getting new fish (the almost, only refers to whether I have cycled tank ready or not).

I have been working on getting all of my Cichlids from the MAS auction identified.
I think that I finally have and will be updating this thread today with my discoveries and changes to my stock list.
I found out that I have one Tanganyikan in a tank full of Malawi . So, I will need to figure that out. So far, this hasn't caused any major issues.

Also, I set up a new 90 gallon over the past week (And have another 90 in the garage waiting to be cleaned up a bit).
Soon, I will be tearing out some old cabinets that we inherited with the house and building a floor to ceiling rack.
Then, I will have a "true" fish breading room! I am SO excited. :D



Awesome sounds great! I actually have a thread posted in the sell section here with my current list of everything growing and available.
African cichlids breeder local to Minnesota with over 30 tanks in my room and 12+ dedicated breeding groups


Return to Welcome