Board index Headquarters Welcome Hello from Hanover

Hello from Hanover

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:30 pm
tinystanker Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hello All,

Started keeping fish as a kid then life took over. Kept most of my stuff knowing I wanted to do it again. Well about 2 months ago I started getting ready to get some fish. With the internet now and all the info out there to learn from I have been reading a lot. I have decided to go with the Mbuna cichlids this go around. I have a standard 55 gallon with 2 Penguin 350 with bio wheels HOB along with an older 350 Magnum canister. I did the fishless cycle already. So far I have stocked the tank with 5 Labidochromis caeruleus and 5 Pseudotropheus sp. acei. I have had trouble deciding what other fish to include and how many. Most of the deciding trouble is trying to find the fish locally. There are so many different suggestion out there that it makes you start to wonder what to do. I really enjoy watching the fish swim around and do their things. Hopefully I can get some suggestion and learn a lot more from people who have been doing this longer than me.

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:34 pm
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

Welcome and come to the Annual Show this weekend, http://www.aquarium.mn. There's a swap meet scheduled where you can get a lot of fish. You'll also see some fantastic stuff at the show.

Willie

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:37 pm
tinystanker Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Thank you.

I was thinking about going to the show to see what it was all about. Now I will go to see what kind of fish I can find.

Brooks

Post Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 pm
kb0903 User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Hey Brooks!

I grew up in hanover! went to to Buffalo and my parents still live out on lake Charlotte! Welcome to the Forum!

Post Mon May 07, 2018 3:31 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Welcome Brooks
Like a complete unknown

Return to Welcome