Board index Headquarters Welcome Hello from Mongolia

Hello from Mongolia

New to the forum? Stop in here and say "hi".

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm
nio Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hello guys, My name is Nio, Im from Mongolia, im biggest fan of african cichlid, I really intrested in Minnesota's cichlid keepers tank :). i will stay in Onamia of MN summer 3 months, im a exchange student :). Guys i hope to see your tanks there.
this is my tank. hope u like it Image

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:49 pm
MplsGuy Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Welcome to Minnesota! I spent about 1 1/2 weeks in Mongolia last year during Naadam, and it was amazing! I rode horseback through the Khan Kentii for nine days. What a beautiful country and amazingly welcoming people. I was impressed with how many young people spoke multiple foreign languages.

I hope you have a great stay in Minnesota!

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 am
nio Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

MplsGuy wrote:
Welcome to Minnesota! I spent about 1 1/2 weeks in Mongolia last year during Naadam, and it was amazing! I rode horseback through the Khan Kentii for nine days. What a beautiful country and amazingly welcoming people. I was impressed with how many young people spoke multiple foreign languages.

I hope you have a great stay in Minnesota!

Thank you Sir!

I really want to visit Cichlid farm or Breeding room and Cichlid shop, Do you have any suggest? can i visit? :)

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am
MplsGuy Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Sorry, I don't know of anyone. I don't keep cichlids, and I'm pretty inactive generally in the larger fish keeping community.

Have you tried contacting the Minnesota Aquarium Society directly? They might be able to put you in contact with someone locally.

If I come across anything, I'll let you know. Good luck in your search!

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 am
MplsGuy Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Although Forest Lake Pets in Forest Lake, Minnesota has a nice selection of cichlids and fish, and would be fun to visit. World of Fish in Richfield, MN is good, too.

Also: Great tank!

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Passionfish User avatar
Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

You may visit my fish room if you like. Call me (Bob) 9524326298 to set up an appointment.
Like a complete unknown

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:29 am
nio Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

MplsGuy wrote:
Although Forest Lake Pets in Forest Lake, Minnesota has a nice selection of cichlids and fish, and would be fun to visit. World of Fish in Richfield, MN is good, too.

Also: Great tank!

Great. i saw about Forest Lake Pets in Forest Lake, and photos, its not too far away from Onamia.i hope i will see there many times :mrgreen: Thank you for your advice Sir

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am
nio Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Passionfish wrote:
You may visit my fish room if you like. Call me (Bob) 9524326298 to set up an appointment.

Oh really, pretty sure , i will text you when i there MN, Thank you very much

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm
Passionfish User avatar
Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Phone is land line. Text will not work. Just call before coming to see if I am home and to get an address.
No doubt you miss your cichlids. I know I would if I was away for a year.
Like a complete unknown

Post Mon May 01, 2017 2:18 pm
ahenjum User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

I would also be willing to show you my fishroom while you are here. I must admit it's not much when compared to Passionfish's room though, but shoot me a message if you're interested. Also the Minnesota Zoo has a large Malawi Tank on display and the Como Zoo(free admission) in St Paul has a tank of Victorian Cichlids.

Return to Welcome