Board index Fish Talk Salt Water rodi unit

rodi unit

The MFK's very own salt water section.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:39 pm
cam01 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

http://www.fountainheadwatersystems.com ... dicore.htm

i recently purchased this unit on ebay and im wondering if the membrane of this unit needs to be replaced after time, and where i can get replacements for this

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:39 am
lifelinefish Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Locally - http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulk-reve ... tml?cat=16

Yes all filter medium will eventually need to be replaced. You will want to use a dual or triple inline TDS(total dissolve solids) to know when your membrane and di resin needs to be replaced and I would highly recommend a pressure gauge as well, it will let you know when your carbon needs to be replaced along with your sediment filters, this typically happens when you have a pressure drop. Check out Amazon or BRS for the above items.

This side of the hobby, saltwater can be a drain on your wallet. Keep an eye open on this forum and craigslist for used equipment. I am in the stage of acquiring all my equipment(a lot of it used) along with putting everything in place to get it up and running hopefully within the next month. There are a lot of essentials you need in order to be successful and then there are those items that make keeping a reef a little easier but are not necessary. As long as your on top of all your parameters and monitoring your system closely you will do fine and don't forget to sit back and enjoy it as well. Patience and diligence will be your best friend.

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:55 am
pomacanthus User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Sidenote: Ive used many different brand RO's and for my money I love
AirWaterIce they are more affordable than BRS and the units come with every tube labeled :D :D :D

Thats right they are idiot proof, you can't screw up the installation and its easy peezy lemon squeezie

My .02

Return to Salt Water