Board index Fish Talk Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians New MN. tree frog terrarium help

New MN. tree frog terrarium help

The place to chat about aquatic creatures other than fish.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:39 pm
lonewolf Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

I have aquired 4 Mn. tree frogs , I currently have them in a 5 gallon glass tank set up, however I know I need something better suited for them... I have looked at the exo terra rain forest set up and they look real nice, however not in my budget zone at this time.
I do however work at a plastic company and would be able to make my own. I have learned that acrylic (extruded I assume from what ive read) likes to warp... Does cast acrylic not warp??? I can make my own tank for next to nothing, however need some advice on the build.... Oh and fruit fly escape proof...,lol.... Im figureing I can split my fogger between the crested gecko tank and the frogs. because tanks will be next to each other...

So I am asking what kind of acrylic?
How thick?
venting ideas screen.?
silicone sealant or not needed?
best hinges for doors?
latches?
Have I missed anything?
Thank you all and willing to share any DIY projects or advice... here to help Thank you

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:17 am
lonewolf Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Well I did alot of thinking and figured just get a good glass one one... I went with a exo terra 18x18x18..... I will modify as needed to fit the environment. I will be making my own topper for the lighting and will add a small fan to circulate the air and will add split my fogger..

I hope our new friends will like the improved home...

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:33 am
9darlingcalvi Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

hows the tank, are you adding minneosta native ferns and other plants

Return to Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians