Board index Fish Talk Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians Shrimp - Whats everyone keeping/breeding?

Shrimp - Whats everyone keeping/breeding?

The place to chat about aquatic creatures other than fish.

Moderator: Moderators

daphilster08 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Hey guys,

In the last year I have mainly focused on shrimp. I love these little inverts. Just trying to see what locals are keeping and breeding shrimp.

Post what kind and some pictures if you'd like of your shrimp.

Also, I started a facebook page called MN Shrimp keepers and breeders. Please join.

~ Phil
-Phil

nicholas1110 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hi,

I currently have 5 shrimp tanks up and running. I keep feather/xin/benibachi prl, taiwan bee ( blue bolt, shadow panda, bkk, wine red), mischlings, carbon rili, painted fire red neo. I will be buying some pinto shrimps and pinto mischlings soon as well. I've been keeping shrimps for about 6 years now. They are great and I hope they become more popular as time goes on. I'll try to post up some pictures of them soon.

Level 5 Member

nicholas1110 wrote:
Hi,

I currently have 5 shrimp tanks up and running. I keep feather/xin/benibachi prl, taiwan bee ( blue bolt, shadow panda, bkk, wine red), mischlings, carbon rili, painted fire red neo. I will be buying some pinto shrimps and pinto mischlings soon as well. I've been keeping shrimps for about 6 years now. They are great and I hope they become more popular as time goes on. I'll try to post up some pictures of them soon.

Wow this is great to hear! Did't think anyone else in the area was keeping taiwan bees. I had my first blue bolt babies in my tank just a couple days ago. Now just waiting for about 7 mischlings to release theirs! I would love to see some pics!
-Phil

fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

I have recently been messing around with these guys as well. I have the painted fires, CRS, and Yellow shrimp. Back when I was newer to the hobby I bought some tiger shrimp off a guy but they were on a topless tank and all found their way onto the ground.
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

chevyguy15 User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

i have cherry, blue pearl, carbon rili and just got some black crystals off ebay.

Level 5 Member

Nice guys! I love yellows!

Chevyguy let me know how the crystals do for you.

I breed a vartiety. Blue bolts, king kongs, I have interesting patterns show up like hinomaru panda (spendy shrimp), golden bees, tibees, OEBT, royal blue tigers, orange rili, carbon rili. Hmm probably a few others. I also am breeding Cambarellus Diminutus var blue. They are the smallest and a very cool dwarf crayfish!
-Phil

tait Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Hey, just joined this forum, I'm doing common shrimp right now, ghost shrimp in my everglades biotope, cherry shrimp, and some neocaridina species I can't identify really, they're mainly brown which is what I was hoping for a biotope set up but there have been bright yellow, red, and even white ones. Is anyone doing regular bee shrimp? I've been looking for those in minnesota.

aez User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

I have some cherries, blue rilli, an orange rili, and just bought some cardinal shrimp.

Level 5 Member

aez wrote:
I have some cherries, blue rilli, an orange rili, and just bought some cardinal shrimp.

Nice! How are the cardinals doing for you? I kept them about 4 years ago.
-Phil

aez User avatar
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

update and pics on what I am keeping, none of by blues survived and my first group of cardinals just disappeared. Only ever found one corpse.

Currently I have:
Orange Rilis, they are breeding like mad
2nd group of Cardinals and I think one might be berried :D
just picked up some Cherry Reds yesterday
One Black and one brown shrimp too

Orange Rilis

Cardinal Shrimp

Cherry Reds

Return to Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians