Board index Fish Talk Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians Axolotl's

Axolotl's

The place to chat about aquatic creatures other than fish.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:24 pm
Cichlid Mania User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Does anyone know where to buy axolotl's in Minnesota? I know there's a few people in Wisconsin that sell them, but I haven't heard of anyone in Minnesota breeding them.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 am
Phewy User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

i thought i saw a post on craigslist a few months back where the guy said he bred them but doesnt anymore so he was getting rid of his and if i remember correctly he was located south. but im not 100% sure though. not sure if you are gonna find any good luck searching.I've always wanted a salamander as a pet and these are very unique looking ones that i would like to keep one day.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:43 am
rawalstrom Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

I had breezed into A Wet Pet in Apple Valley the other day to kill some time and there was a Axolotl in the back corner. At quick glance it looked like a melanoid or wild-type coloration.
Ryan

Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm
yeeunit Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

A buddy of mine was selling some a while back. I'll contact him to see if he still has some.

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:45 am
fishgirl04 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Axolotls are not a salamander. They are 100% aquatic, not sure if you knew that. I actually hace nine that are about three inches long I had gotten from some one off craigslist in St. Paul. They are an awesome animal! I would reccomend doing research on them before you actaully get one, I have had mine for a few months and I am still learning things! I also know of a great forum all about them! :)
3 red eared sliders
3 gerbils
3 fiddler crabs
9 axolotls
2 dogs
1 cat

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am
Kolopedo User avatar
Level 11 Member
Level 11 Member

These are super cool Chad !!! I want some too!!!!!
-Tom C.

. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:10 pm
catphish Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Shot in the dark but a moderator on monster fish keepers from mn breeds and sells them, well did a while back.
I believe its the same guy from the craigslist adds.
Edit
holy old thread, sorry for bumping this.

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 pm
fishlove14 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

I can get them at coon rapids petco for $34.99 u can always call and place a special order for one and they can get it for u... can't select certain colors but they are about 3 to 4 inches usually.

Return to Invertebrates, Reptiles and Amphibians