Board index Clubs & Events Other Fish Clubs and Events Aquatic Plants Club?

Aquatic Plants Club?

Talk about non-MAS fish clubs and events.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:47 pm
Capsaicin User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Is there any type of MN Aquatic Plants club? It would be great to see what kind of experience people have here in MN when it comes to keeping live plants.
Alex

100g - empty as of November 2014

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 pm
MrCichlid User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

There are several people who show up and participate in the MAS Horticulturist Award Program (HAP). Show up at a MAS meeting and talk with people and pick up plants cheep.

http://www.aquarium.mn/main/index.php?o ... Itemid=123

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:28 pm
2ManyHobbies Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Capsaicin wrote:
Is there any type of MN Aquatic Plants club? It would be great to see what kind of experience people have here in MN when it comes to keeping live plants.

A few of us have bantered around with this. Keep pushing the issue and don't let me forget!

Post Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 am
corlaska Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Hi there, Just saw this thread...
One option that's been kicked around is to meet for an hour before the monthly meetings - maybe once a quarter? There are some easy eats and coffee shops in Roseville.
Who else would be up for this? Perhaps we could try it before the January or February meeting?
Clark

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:37 am
Capsaicin User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Well, if we want to get plant people together I'm willing to host get-togethers at my house during the warmer seasons. I have 2 grills and a backyard that is perfect for BBQ's.
Alex

100g - empty as of November 2014

Return to Other Fish Clubs and Events