Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition Electric Auto Feeder

Electric Auto Feeder

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:04 pm
batman User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

so is every auto feeder available battery powered? or are there any that have a cord you can plug into the wall?

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:19 am
1-2ride User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

How many days are you out of town for at a time? Automatic feeders are NOT reliable. Fish can be left for days on end with no food and this is usually safer than relying on an automatic feeder. They are notorious for overfeeding which fouls the water and kills fish or they just never work (clogged by humidity) and its a big waste of money, time and effort. To answer your question though...yes, there certainly are plug-in feeders. Would I ever use one? Not a chance. Id leave my fish for a week without food before even thinking about using one.

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:15 pm
batman User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

yeah I agree they're a pain in the butt. but i only allow it to give a little food at a time, less than what i would normally feed. getting them to feed just a small amount takes some tinkering though. i bought two of them and when i came back, one of them was completely empty. needless to say i had to clean the tank and filters right away, and immediately returned that one. what gets me is that they are all battery powered, so i have to make sure the batteries are working. would just be nice to have one that has a cord.

Return to Foods and Nutrition