Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition collecting scuds...

collecting scuds...

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:23 pm
nkambae User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Is there anyone interested in collecting some scuds with me sometime in the next couple, three days? Please let me know via pm sooner than later. Thanks.

stu
Who is John Galt?

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 pm
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

Are you going to chisel them out of the ice?
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:19 pm
nkambae User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Many free flowing streams have significant populations of them over wintering under rocks found in riffles. Easy peasy collecting.

stu
Who is John Galt?

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:07 pm
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

Stu I have a fairly large group of scuds at home now doing their thing in an old cat litter bucket. I can't wait to get them in the sun to get some green water in there and watch their numbers grow.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to bring some for you next MAS meeting if you're looking to start up a culture of your own.
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:13 pm
nkambae User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the offer but I have scads of scuds at the present. I have had a culture going for awhile now and wanted to supplement the culture. I haven't been doing green water and just feed them detritus and the occasional bit of fish food. I have found them to be quite happy with detritus. Good luck.

stu
Who is John Galt?

Return to Foods and Nutrition