Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition Is new life spectrum thera A worth buying

Is new life spectrum thera A worth buying

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 am
kchang966 Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

I want to have some new food with galica in the future just in case anything happen in my tanks like ick, parasite , and other things and so i did some research and read about new life spectrum Thera A. But still unsure about it. Has anyone used it or know of any different products that would help do the same thing .

jrt8783 Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

I feed new life spectrum thera a and the large fish formula to my central american cichlids and i have no complaints. Has the best ingredient list of any pellet being sold in the U.S. right now, i highly recommend it

mrmann Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

I fed Thera A jumbo to my fish for around 8 months. All I noticed was red filters, stained water, and a stinky fishroom. The ingredients are good but I don't think I would go as far as to say it is the best food out there. I would never use it again even if it was free.

jrt8783 Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

mrmann wrote:
I fed Thera A jumbo to my fish for around 8 months. All I noticed was red filters, stained water, and a stinky fishroom. The ingredients are good but I don't think I would go as far as to say it is the best food out there. I would never use it again even if it was free.

NLS is about all i feed to my Managuense and Red Isletas and havent noticed any of those things. There are some newer fish foods out there that id like to try but none of the ingredient lists of any of those foods, besides Northfin possibly, compare to NLS. With their proven track record, its going to take quite some time for anyone to knock NLS down from the top of the fish food market.

mccumber89 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I've used NLS for years, I've had great luck with it.
I'm currently trying Xtreme. They took a little time to adjust to the different food, but now they seem to be doing great.
But NLS has been a safe bet for some time for me.

~Rush~ User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

jrt8783 wrote:
I feed new life spectrum thera a and the large fish formula to my central american cichlids and i have no complaints. Has the best ingredient list of any pellet being sold in the U.S. right now, i highly recommend it

I agree. Ingredients list is the best I've seen (Thera +A specifically) and I have been paying attention for years. I use NLS for all my fish, central/south american, and marine. Overall a great product IMO.

Return to Foods and Nutrition