Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition best discus food?

best discus food?

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:58 am
BrandonVang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

My female doesn't eat the frozen beef hearts I hand feed her. Is there anything else that can make her more active to eating?

Please list food like this:

Frozen:

Live:

Pellets/Flakes/etc.

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:45 pm
Chee_dog Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I mixed in the bloodworms in my beefheart and slowly decrease the amount of bloodworms. Worked great for me thus far.

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 pm
Pierre User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Maybe you should stop trying to hand feed them and let them eat at there own discretion!
My crew eat everything from Prime reef flakes, cobalt discus flakes, beef heart flakes, tetra color bits, NLS growth, freeze dried/frozen black/blood worms and frozen beef heart.
No fish room here... Just a bunch of tanks :twisted:

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:33 pm
BrandonVang Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Pierre wrote:
Maybe you should stop trying to hand feed them and let them eat at there own discretion!
My crew eat everything from Prime reef flakes, cobalt discus flakes, beef heart flakes, tetra color bits, NLS growth, freeze dried/frozen black/blood worms and frozen beef heart.

That was the only way they would eat and taught how to eat. ( Discus34 was the main owner )

And where do you get your food supplies from?

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:22 pm
Pierre User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

BrandonVang wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That was the only way they would eat and taught how to eat. ( Discus34 was the main owner )

And where do you get your food supplies from?

Teach them how to eat with out you hand feeding them :shock: :shock: :shock: :D OK, on a serious note all you have to do is give them time to get used to the new environment provide them with clean water and feed them whatever you have and eventually they will eat what is on the menu. Learn to teach them what to eat, not to teach them how to eat.... Hand feeding can come later!
Most of the food is ordered from kens fish one stop shop.
No fish room here... Just a bunch of tanks :twisted:

Return to Foods and Nutrition