Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition My BIG Oscar

My BIG Oscar

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:26 am
chefb_5 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

we have been feeding him pellets for a while. We changed the pellets from quality ones to cheapy ones due to didn't have time to go up to the cities. Now the oscar is always hungry is it due to low quality pellets or just plain not good enough anymore? I was thinking because how big she is it's not filling her up so she might need worms or.......? What would YOU guys think that would be good for her health and fill her up?

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:07 pm
Mad About Cichlids User avatar
Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

chefb_5 wrote:
we have been feeding him pellets for a while. We changed the pellets from quality ones to cheapy ones due to didn't have time to go up to the cities. Now the oscar is always hungry is it due to low quality pellets or just plain not good enough anymore? I was thinking because how big she is it's not filling her up so she might need worms or.......? What would YOU guys think that would be good for her health and fill her up?

Big cichlids just knows how to beg for foods. It's one of the reasons people consider big cichlids wet pets.

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 am
BanjoMinnow User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Yeah oscars and midas's cichlids are notorious beggars of food. I know my midas would eat 20 or medium sinker pellets if i let him. :lol: What sized pellets you feeding?
"Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security."
- Norman Vincent Peale

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm
chefb_5 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

I'm feeding large pellet sticks.

Return to Foods and Nutrition