Board index Aquaria Topics Foods and Nutrition Repashy

Repashy

Discuss fish foods and nutrition here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

I just ordered some of the Repashy foods from Ted Judy. I will update with photos once I receive it and put it to use.
Garrett B.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 pm
mrmann Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

Awesome! I have been wanting to try some but haven't gotten around to ordering any. Please keep us posted on how you like it.

Thanks,
Mike

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 pm
Hightower Mike Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

storrisch wrote:
I just ordered some of the Repashy foods from Ted Judy. I will update with photos once I receive it and put it to use.

I have had it for a week now. The livebear tank and ancistrus love it, the African Cichlids (Tangs) are so so on it, and the Bettas not so much. The cory cats love it also. I got the community brand.
I think if I were to spend the money, I would continue on the Extreme community as I feed still and also the Omega One community food. Frozen Brine Shrimp also. Also Live Glass worms.
I bought the 8 oz so I will keep feeding and see if they do better as time goes by in the following weeks. I thought they would go crazy over it. Cats and plecos really like it the best. I tried the string method and it worked well for the livebears, Cardinals, and Rasbora Hets.
Would be interested in your comments as you try it.
Mike
In 1980s to 90s worked at two fish shops and I owned aquarium maint business. Back then bred B.picta, unimaculata, imbellis, splendens, smaragdina, and other fish. Now B.macs, B. smaragdina, B.Albimarginata. Member of MAS & IBC on and off for years.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:19 pm
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

I bought 4oz of each that Ted was offering in his stock shop @ tedsfishroom.com I figure I'll see how often I use them and order more based off that. If you guys haven't seen it yet check out the videos on teds site.
Garrett B.

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm
mrmann Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

I have watched the video and it looked like it would work perfectly for fry as it seems to stay in a clump and not break apart. Would make it easier to keep fry full of food as I am unable to feed 3 times per day and they can graze on it.

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:44 am
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Yes apparently it takes 24-48 hours to start breaking down.
Garrett B.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm
tjudy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

The gel breaks down over time. The larger the piece the longer it will take to dissolve. It is great for fry because the particle size is small and as the gel dissolves from the outside in the tiny bits are easy for the fry to grab and eat.

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 pm
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

I mixed up a small batch right after work to bring to the WMAPC meeting for everyone to test out. I purchased all four varieties from Ted to save a bit on shipping and test them out. The one I mixed up for the meeting was the community formula. I used 1/8cup powder to 3/8cup water. I poured it into a long silicon ice cube tray from ikea. I was able to mix it up and have it fully set in under 15min. I'm impressed at how quickly it sets up and how long it keeps its shape. I fed a small bit that spilled in the gaps between pours to a tank containing neons and GBR's and once one of them started nipping at it they all swarmed in. The tank is bare bottom and the rams would pick at the piece while the neons sat back at ate the tiny bits they missed.
Garrett B.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

I think I am missing something, the only food I see on the repashy link you provided in the FS section leads me to canned reptile food????
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm
tjudy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm
Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

I ordered some of the shrimp and meat varieties today and will let everyone know how they work out. I've got a buddy bringing over a bunch of fry for me to grow out and I'll be testing the meat pie on them 1st. Lots of shrimp and crays to test the soufflé on as well.
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

fasttalon94 wrote:
I think I am missing something, the only food I see on the repashy link you provided in the FS section leads me to canned reptile food????

I've updated with prices. I'm not sure what link you were referring to. I hadn't placed a link in the FS ad.
Garrett B.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 am
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Vashjir wrote:
I ordered some of the shrimp and meat varieties today and will let everyone know how they work out. I've got a buddy bringing over a bunch of fry for me to grow out and I'll be testing the meat pie on them 1st. Lots of shrimp and crays to test the soufflé on as well.

My self cloning cray rips the soilent green apart. I haven't mixed up the souffle for her yet. I love that I can just toss a cube in the tank and the fish poke at it throughout the day. I've figured out a cube size that works for my tanks and is consumed in under 24hours. I even dice up small bits when I have extra time. I just watched a gardneri killie gobble up a 2mm x 2mm cube in one bite. I just picked up those fish from Andi a week ago and that was only the 2nd time i've feed the repashy to the tank since getting them. Apparently they have figured out that it's food fairly quickly.
Garrett B.

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 am
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

It was a google search then that led me to this: http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/

Thanks for clearing that up Ted.

Does this stuff have a smell? I might be looking to switch foods as the significant other can't handle the smell in the living room from the food being fed to the show tank. I sort of agree.
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 am
storrisch User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

The soilent green does when making it. You can store it in the fridge though, so you could make a larger batch and only deal with the smell once.
Garrett B.

Next

Return to Foods and Nutrition