Board index Aquaria Topics Fish Health and Water Chemistry Quick ich x and Prime together?

Quick ich x and Prime together?

Discussion about fish health and water chemistry.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:51 pm
HankTaco Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

So.
I need some advice that The Google has been unable to help me with.

I have Ich in my tank community tank filled with Platys, Guppies, a few Corys and a Betta fish.
And 2 Assassin snails.

I use Prime to condition my tap water in St Paul which i try to 'age' for 24 hours or more (don't know if it helps, but this is what I do).
I have a bottle of Hikari Quick Ich X.

Are these products incompatible or no?

Thanks in advance.

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Yes they are compatible but it is unlikely one would add both at same time.
If tank has Ick, then treat with salt, increased temp or malachite green and formalin (propritary products like Rid Ich or others). It is not time to do water change as water may contaminate hoses etc. Get ick under control with about 3 days of therapy (repeat doses daily for 3 days), and once ick dissappears then perform water change and use water treatment chemicals.

It is unlikely ick resulted from lack of water changes. Often times ick is triggered by stress such as cold water or maybe new fish carry it but they show no signs of ick. Typically if fish are stressed, the worse the ick infection. If fish are not stressed, ick is relatively easy to treat and fish survive.
Like a complete unknown

Return to Fish Health and Water Chemistry