Board index Other Stuff General Fish Talk Just got back from Florida

Just got back from Florida

Fish talk not related to a specific species or type of fish.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:00 pm
Mark K Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

On the way home I hit a bunch of canals and ditches. Got a lot of fish home safely and only lost one fish so far. A Mayan about 3 inches long. There were some beautiful midas' that would not touch anything. I think they have seen it all. I caught a lot of mayans ans Salvinis and a few others that I have not figured out what they are yet. I do have one mystery fish that was apparently dying this morning, but it wants to fight the net so I will try to get it back to health.

The last time I tried to bring fish home was a disaster because I tried to oxy pack them and it seems that the oxy was tainted. This time I just put them all in a huge cooler and used a air pump and a heater hooked to the 120 in the truck.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Mark K Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Well, now I have lost 3 fish including the first one. The sick one didn't make it and another mayan croaked the other day. The small fish have figured out what fish food is and now are starting to beg at the glass.

Post Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:45 pm
MplsGuy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Sorry to hear that. Post some pictures.

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 pm
Mark K Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

This damned forum keeps changing the parameters. I am tired of editing over and over.
I am going to try one more time.
Attachments
wild fish miami 21 (9).jpg
wild fish miami 21 (8).jpg
IMGP0009.jpg
IMGP0004.jpg

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:34 am
MplsGuy Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Great looking fish!

Yes, this forum makes it nearly impossible to share pictures. It’s annoying. Thanks for making the effort.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 am
willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Streams in Florida are the cheapest sources of ornamental fish. :?

Return to General Fish Talk