Board index Other Stuff General Fish Talk what are faders?

what are faders?

Fish talk not related to a specific species or type of fish.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am
Dayang Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Im curious, i saw this http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/p ... 72919.html
Unfaded red texas. What are faders/unfade?

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:46 pm
1-2ride User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

Read under the section "faders" http://f15louhan.blogspot.com/2011/10/t ... risch.html

Read under the section "golden base (faders) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowerhorn_cichlid

Whoever posted the craigslist ad is also incorrect as these are NOT african cichlids. Texas cichlids are found in very southern texas and northern mexico (long ways away from africa). Each will have their own opinions on flowerhorns. I personally have no interest in man made specimens (flowerhorns). I tend to stick to "pure" naturally occurring fish.

Flowerhorns are hybrids. Here is a defintion of a hybrid from a fellow member of this forum: any man made (i.e. captive bred species where wild type specimens have been manipulated to breed with other wild type specimens of a different species or sub species) - basically any species that can not be proven to exist in the wild.
--cnroyhes

You can also learn more by reading the large section titled "Hybrids" on the main page of this forum.

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:26 pm
Dayang Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

cool thx helps me understand much better

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 pm
flowerhorn2 User avatar
Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

Whoever posted that sell has no idea what he is talking about..the pic he posted was a so call red texas..hybrid texas.
ImageImage

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 am
ingridcarley Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

A fader is a fish that is one color the turns very dark and then Slowly changes to a red orange pink color

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 am
Bernardrichii Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Fader is a fish that starts off dark and changes by peeling that dark layer off.Under the dark layer is a brightful colourful layer that can be seen.
Animal Experts Nursing Home Surrey

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Bernardrichii wrote:
Fader is a fish that starts off dark and changes by peeling that dark layer off.Under the dark layer is a brightful colourful layer that can be seen.

In the USA we call the loss of dark color or loss of barring "peeling" not fading. Dark or barred "peels" off revealing orange, red or white or maybe some other bright color.
Again in the USA, "fading" refers to the loss of color and/or loss of vibrant colors to dull colors.

In addition, many fish change colors or shades depending upon environmental cues. Fading is common at night, when a more aggressive fish is present (fading keeps dominant fish from attacking) and for other dangerous situations.
Like a complete unknown

Return to General Fish Talk