Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central Quick BAP questions

Quick BAP questions

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:36 pm
checkie_check Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Hello, I just wanted to get more involve in MAS and the fish community. So I was thinking of joining BAP. I just have a few question.

Do you have to be a member?
Is it to late to join?
Is it okay if I can only breed like one fish with in the year due to time limitation?

Thanks.

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:30 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

To participate in BAP program, you must join Minnesota Aquarium Society.
Members of MAS may bid on any BAP or HAP items sold at general meetings. These items are donated fry or plants raised by participation through breeding or horticulture.

A new feature is BAP list. To join this BAP list, you must have submitted one BAP item.
Members may join BAP list to share information and share fish too. Some fish shared are free and some require a nominal donation to MAS. There are also some members using list to offer rare and mated pairs. Typically those being sold at higher prices and breeder retains proceeds from sale. These sales are similar to private sales. However, the BAP list members learn what is available and can arrange for transactions at a meeting.
Like a complete unknown

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 am
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

checkie_check wrote:
Is it okay if I can only breed like one fish with in the year due to time limitation?..

In my 15 years or so at MAS, I've only spawned 4 - 5 species. It'll be good to have company. :D

Willie

Return to MAS Central