Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central Three HAP questions

Three HAP questions

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:18 pm
shadoj User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Finally got me a little computer time to poke at the forum and MAS site! Clearly, I've been missing out ;)

1) There are a few minor inconsistencies in my HAP point report... namely, there are 3 species not listed that I'd flowered, and one species that is listed doubly that I only propagated vegetatively (with an incorrect 10 point entry for flowering). I think that means I'm 5 points short once things are adjusted... Who should I talk to / PM ? My email's down at the moment.

2) I have some Wolffiella gladiata (mud midgets) in my tank, thanks to a hitchhiking single plant from the December plant sale. This genus is not listed in the HAP list... can I still HAP them given I increase the numbers enough? If so, how many of these tiny plants are necessary?

3) What happens to a species whose genus changes? Nesaea pedicellata seems to now be an Ammania, and Eusteralis stellata is now a Pogostemon, Are these species going to be exceptions to the point values assigned to their genera? Otherwise, each of these examples worth 5 points less than before the genus re-classification. Wouldn't surprise me if there are other name changes that I'm not aware of.

Thanks a bunch!
Jen

Loach me!

Post Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Contact HAP chair via email listed on aquarium.mn
If you do not recieve a response, then look for Travis at either auction or monthly meeting.
Like a complete unknown

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:26 am
shadoj User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Aha. I only went to the HAP page, not the main MAS contact page, and didn't realize who was the current chair. Looks like I'll have to track down Travis at the auction and bother him again ;)
Jen

Loach me!

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 am
2ManyHobbies Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PM Sent.

Return to MAS Central