Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central Time of the monthly meetings

Time of the monthly meetings

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:36 pm
throwgali Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Greetings,
I've decided to join after lurking on the board for several years. I plan on going to the meeting tonight and see the location but I am unsure what time it starts. Also, how long do these meetings generally last and what is the format? My wife wanted to come later but works until 7:30 and so we were wondering if it would still be going on around 8-8:30

Cheers
Ron

EDIT: saw that the time start is 7:15. Any info on the lenght would be appreciated
Last edited by throwgali on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm
BobC User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Usually we are there until 9:30 to 10 pm. Very seldom do we get done before then.

Bob
Bob Carter

MAS, AKA, MKKA, WAKO

Show your fish - enter a show!!! Bowl Shows monthly at MAS meetings.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm
throwgali Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Thanks

Cheers,
Ron

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm
Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Usually the meetings start with club business and announcements, also newbie introductions. Then we usually have a speaker that talks about some aquarium related topic. This month's meeting is a bit different because it's the plant extravaganza, so instead of hearing a talk, we get to shop for bargain-basement priced aquarium plants. After that is the Hap/Bap auctions, where fish and plants bred by members are auctioned off to benefit the club. Bringing in things you've bred will earn points towards awards and helps spread species around the local fishkeeping community. As a bidder you can score some great deals on rare and unusual fish and plants.
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 pm
fasttalon94 User avatar
Level 10 Member
Level 10 Member

BID ON FISH!
If you don't put a location in your for sale ad that must mean you're willing to deliver.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm
RedDevilKing User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

When and where is the next meeting? Thanks!

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 pm
The Mini Fish Room User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

RedDevilKing wrote:
When and where is the next meeting? Thanks!

It's the first Thursday of every new month. The meet starts a 1900.
This Month it is Feb. 7, 2013

Here is the website:
http://aquarium.mn/

Location is:

2330 North Dale Street Roseville , Minnesota
The Minnesota Aquarium Society holds monthly meetings in a room at King of Kings Lutheran Church. It is located just north of Hwy 36 and on the east side of Dale Street.

Please use the entry doors on the north side of the building. Overflow parking can be found on the south side of the church and across the street north and east of the entrance.
Last edited by The Mini Fish Room on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Semper Fi."

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 am
RedDevilKing User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Confused on the time of the meeting - the last post said 1700 (5 p.m.) but the website says 7:15 p.m. ..??

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am
BobC User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Website is correct. Meeting starts at 7:15 pm.
Bob Carter

MAS, AKA, MKKA, WAKO

Show your fish - enter a show!!! Bowl Shows monthly at MAS meetings.

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 am
The Mini Fish Room User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

RedDevilKing wrote:
Confused on the time of the meeting - the last post said 1700 (5 p.m.) but the website says 7:15 p.m. ..??

Oops my bad... I meant 1900.
Must have been typo since I'm using my phone.
"Semper Fi."

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Always check http://aquarium.mn/
Members should be getting an email prior to meeting.

Prior to 7:15 Set up your bowl show entry and help arrange room for meeting. Find someone to talk to about your fish, their fish, their plants, your plants, how horrible life is, how wonderful life is, etc, etc

7:15 - 7:45 to 8 Mainly announcements related to future MAS activies and recognizing members and such that have done something worth recognizing.

approximately 8:00 - 9:30 Speaker (if there is a speaker) will present their program. Some speakers can wrap it up in 45 min and others need to be told to stop at 9:30. If there is not a speaker MAS program chair and/or BOD will have something else planned to replace a speaker.

between 9/9:30 - 10:00 Vote on bowl show, buy black worms, buy other MAS stuff like fish bags, shirts etc. BAP/HAP auction and supplemental auction (only members are allowed to participate). Pay for those items that taken in auction.

Go Home richer and happier in having learned something and spent quality time with folks that think like you.
Like a complete unknown

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm
Nzac User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

dam, missed yet another meeting, never seen "an email prior to meeting." guess I'll have to keep a better watch on aquarium.mn.
I have some scaley and a few not so scaley creatures living in glass houses full of water in the other room

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Nzac wrote:
dam, missed yet another meeting, never seen "an email prior to meeting." guess I'll have to keep a better watch on aquarium.mn.

MAS members recieve email AquaNews, meeting reminders, auction reminders etc.

Those members not recieving emails can provide an email address to membership chair or AquaNews editor
Contacts with these individuals may be personal at monthly meetings or via email contact. Contact forms are on aquarium.mn. MAS BOD prefers MAS members utilize aquarium.mn for all MAS related activity.

Just this one time, we will skip aquarium.mn step and provide email address.
Membership
membershipchair@aquarium.mn

AquaNews editor
editor@aquarium.mn
Like a complete unknown

Return to MAS Central