Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central MAS membership - why join?

MAS membership - why join?

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Here I go again... I can't remember where I read this: Does MAS have a mentor program? Thought I read somewhere they do. If so I need a mentor.
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Netzsche
"Old aquariests never die. They just begin to stink." mk
"So many fish; not enough outlets." mk

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:54 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

If not, here's a unique opportunity to start one! Me! I will happily give myself as over as a guinea pig. :D

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:46 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Society sponsor's show put on by society once a year. It was a couple of weeks ago. There is definitely mentorship to those who have never shown livestock or scaped a tank before.

Rest of year, one does not really need a mentor. Walk into a meeting, auction or other society event, size someone up, walk over to them and grill them for all the information they have. Odds are the person you select will be long winded and you will hear about a lot more than you really wanted to hear about.
Like a complete unknown

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:06 am
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Thanks, Passionfish! That must have been the sponsorship I read about - somewhere.

I think I've got one "long winded" person lined up for help with plants. But more would be fun, too. Nothing better than different opinions, evaluating them and then coming to a decision. I appreciate all you've told me and the help you've given me. I learn a ton from reading older posts here at MFK. It's fun learning all this stuff with fun people! :D

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 am
Maida Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Once you attended and get fish and plants for practically free, you will never want to miss another meeting and could potentially turned your whole basement into a fishroom. Addiction to fish & plants you could be :)))).. I would love to get to the meeting early but work and family has made it hard form me to get there and early to mingle.

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:00 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Mingle after presentation but before the auction.
Like a complete unknown

Previous

Return to MAS Central