Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central Newbie Question. Bap Rules?

Newbie Question. Bap Rules?

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm
mattman User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Could someone point me in the right direction to find the bap rules, point list, and classes.
I have been looking on aquarium.mn but I can't find it.

If you can't provide a link, maybe some help on how to bap. I have some 6 month old xystichromis phytophagus fry that I am thinking of joining and bapping tomorrow night if I can figure this all out.

Sorry for being such a newbie.
Thanks so much,
Matt

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:06 pm
Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Here's the BAP page http://aquarium.mn/programs/bap-breeders-award-program on the right are links to rules, standings, point values, etc. At the bottom is the BAP submission form, these are available at the meetings too, but its easier to just have them ready to go.

Basically, put 4 or more fish that you've spawned into a bag. If the fish are old enough to be displaying aggressive breeding behavior separate bags tied together for male and females is appropriate. If they are sexable its considered good form to include a ratio conducive to breeding for whoever buys them (pairs for monogamous spawners, a male and several females for harem spawners).

On the bag you should have a label with your name, the fishes' scientific name, and your phone and email so whoever ends up with them can contact you with questions.

Fill out the bap form at home or grab one at the meeting and turn it in with your bag of fish. Thats it.

PS, don't forget to bring your 15 bucks for membership.

PPS, don't forget to come hungry, tomorrow is the chili cook-off!
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:01 pm
mattman User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Thanks, I don't know why I couldn't find it. This is what I was looking for. Thanks and see you at the meeting.
Matt

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm
Vashjir User avatar
Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

That info is linked to via the 'programs' drop-down menu on the aquarium.mn homepage
Phil

MAS Promotions Chair
Bowl Show Chair
Board Member
phil.s.marlow@gmail.com

Return to MAS Central