Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central Problems bidding on BAP/HAP auction?

Problems bidding on BAP/HAP auction?

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:48 pm
Lauris Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Haven’t been able to bid on the BAP/HAP auction as of ten minutes ago. Looks like maybe the auctions closed at 5 when the site says 10. Anyone else running into that problem?

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm
willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

We're looking into it.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 pm
Lauris Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

It’s fine if you just clear me to bid. I do much better at winning auctions when I am the only bidder.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:55 pm
willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

Just want to confirm that you are a member. The auction is limited to members only.

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:45 am
willie Level 9 Member
Level 9 Member

So except for that one glitch, which was a CST vs GMT clock problem, our first virtual auction went as well as can be expected. We had 32 entries and 32 transactions have gone through.

We're now planning to have a virtual mini-auction in August which will have 150 items. MAS has done this in person at the August club meeting. As before, there will be a limit on the number of entries per seller and only livestock (plants, fish, invertebrates) is allowed. Going up 5-fold will test the system because manual sorting will not be possible. If this one goes well, we may be able to hold the larger auctions MAS usually conducts three times a year.

For those of you who participated - or tried to participate - in the BAP/HAP auction, please provide feedback on what went well and what didn't. If you send an e-mail to [url]bod@aquarium.mn[/url], the entire board will see it. This site is not an official MAS site, so postings here may get missed. Volunteers are working hard to set up this new auction process and we welcome your feedback.

Return to MAS Central