Board index Clubs & Events MAS Central What is the 100+ bag auction?

What is the 100+ bag auction?

Look here for MAS events and announcements.

Moderators: Moderators, MAS Board

Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:12 pm
Cubandiamond Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Online really doesnt explain what kind of auction is this

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 am
ROWEBLAST Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Cubandiamond wrote:
Online really doesnt explain what kind of auction is this

I'll be sure to bring that up at the next board meeting so we can get more details on the website. In short...

It is a fish and plants ONLY auction that will occur at the August MAS monthly meeting. Same location and same time as the meetings (King of Kings Lutheran School in Roseville). All items will have to be pre-registered before noon/midday on that Thursday - though I'm not 100% sure on the exact time.

I may be incorrect on the exact quantity, but I believe any one person is limited to 10-15 items total. We are not doing equipment, tanks, hardware, foods, or other dry-good type items.

In my opinion limiting the number of items means that sellers bring in their best items and that buyers can get the best value for their bids. Plus by limiting the total number of items we can auction all items in an hour or two versus the full day required to get through 750+ items when we are in Bloomington.
The Farm (20): Otos, rummynose, cory pygmaeus, amano shrimp and a lone GBR
Rolling Rocks (10): Cherry shrimp, BB endlers and 2 baby L262 'salt queens'
Mishmash Jungle(28): SS endlers, penguin tetra, cory sterbai, bn pleco

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:51 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

100 bag auction occurs in August at regular MAS meeting. Last year (2016) was the first 100 bag auction. The idea is there is a big gap between Spring and Fall auctions held in Bloomington and this auction sort of fills the need of folks needing a Summer auction.

Last year the limit was 5 bags per seller and all sellers must be MAS members. I believe non MAS members are allowed to bid at this 100 bag auction.
As already noted only livestock is allowed. NO HARD GOODS.

Last year the monthly BAP/HAP auction occurred first before 100 bag auction. ONLY MAS members are allowed to bid on BAP/HAP items.

Payment maybe cash, check or credit card on site.

This is not official. It you want an official answer, use aquarium.mn and submit a question on line there. You will get an answer.
Like a complete unknown

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm
Level 1 Member

Thanks guys sounds way better than what I was thinking

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:00 am
Level 1 Member

Wheres it located? When looking up the location for the auction it is blank, any idea where it will be held?

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm
ROWEBLAST Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Cubandiamond wrote:
Wheres it located? When looking up the location for the auction it is blank, any idea where it will be held?

Same place as the normal monthly meeting spot. King of Kings Lutheran School/Church - 2330 North Dale Street Roseville MN 55113

There will some brief announcements around 7:15 with the auction immediately following.
The Farm (20): Otos, rummynose, cory pygmaeus, amano shrimp and a lone GBR
Rolling Rocks (10): Cherry shrimp, BB endlers and 2 baby L262 'salt queens'
Mishmash Jungle(28): SS endlers, penguin tetra, cory sterbai, bn pleco

Return to MAS Central