Board index Headquarters MFK Announcements Forum Updates

Forum Updates

Look here for news/changes/updates/etc regarding this forum.
Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:53 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Several updated versions of the phpbb software that we use for this forum have been released since the site went live a year ago.

It's time to update the system for security reasons and to get the latest anti-spam capabilities. I recently tried to add a modification to the site to help deal with spam accounts, and I wasn't able to because our version is too far out-of-date.

That being said, when we upgrade, we'll most likely lose all of the modifications that have been made to the forum. I will reinstall those as soon as I can.

I will post a notice before the updates are made, as the MFK will be down during the update period. With any luck, it should be hours, not days. And I won't tackle this project for a few weeks.

Thanks all!

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:07 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to try to tackle these updates this weekend, time permitting. If you have any fish deals or important communications in progress, please exchange email addresses to be safe. If things go well, the site will only be down a few hours and will look the same upon re-launch.

As of now, I'm shooting for either Friday or Saturday.

Return to MFK Announcements