Board index Headquarters MFK Announcements In search of a Calendar Coordinator

In search of a Calendar Coordinator

Look here for news/changes/updates/etc regarding this forum.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you haven't already noticed, we have this wonderful little calendar link on the upper right corner. It's not new, but I feel it's terribly under-used. We have so many fish events coordinated here at the MFK, and the calendar would be a handy tool.

I've proven to be spotty at best at maintaining this calendar, and I'm reaching out to someone who'd like to become the MFK's Calendar Coordinator.

What does this person do?

Keep an eye on fish events in the area. At the very least, metro-area events (MAS, MCA, etc.). If you feel like adding other events in nearby areas (GCCA, IAA, etc.), all the better!

How?

Click on the calendar link at the top and click on "add event". Fill in the details with a SHORT title (only a few characters display), link to a post with more information, and hit submit!

The calendar application requires me to approve the event, but I can do that frequently.

What does the MFKCC get in return?

Well, the satisfaction of a job well done! And I'll make you an official title to go under your avatar on the left!

If interested, please let me know!

Thanks all!

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help out with this. Shokubutsu-San was the first to reply, and is now our calendar keeper.

I'll keep you other volunteers in mind though!

Thanks again.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 pm
loverland User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very cool! Shokubutsu-San has added many events to the calendar, so be sure to check that out frequently.

Also, if you feel that an event should be on there and isn't, contact Shokubutsu-San or me. Our only guidelines are that the event be fish-related, located in Minnesota or a nearby state, or be a national event in other states. We don't have room to keep track of the mid-European Snail Association's bi-monthly meetings.

Thanks Shokubutsu-San!

Return to MFK Announcements