Board index Fish Talk Community Fish Congo Tetras

Congo Tetras

Anabantids, characins, ciprinids, rainbows, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 pm
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

My five Congo Tetras from Arizona Aquatic Gardens arrived as happy as clams today even with it 31 degrees. They joined up with my three adult Congos - the new guys are so little! - just fine and now I have a school (shoal?) of Congo Tetras. It's actually beginning to look like an aquarium. The little guys enjoy traveling as they arrived, as I said, happy AND hungry. I'd think if I'd been tossed around for a day I'd be pukey. I am happy they are small as I'll be able to watch them grow. Hope I got a good %age of boys.

mk
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Netzsche
"Old aquariests never die. They just begin to stink." mk
"So many fish; not enough outlets." mk

Post Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am
mke User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

My two adult male Congos are displaying, it appears, to each other as the adult female does not seem impressed with either. The boys are beating their pectoral fins against their chest in time to the switch of the dorsal fin as they kind'a do a shimmy. They have beautiful color. There is a dominant one, I think. He's darker in color. It could just be the lighter one (barely) is just a bit lighter. They really are gorgeous. Am so glad I got them.

What's with all my fish going all spawny on me? Time of year? (I have to admit... I kept the change water this AM a titch cool to see if I could replicate the Pelvicachomis spawning behavior.)
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Netzsche
"Old aquariests never die. They just begin to stink." mk
"So many fish; not enough outlets." mk

Return to Community Fish