Board index Fish Talk Community Fish 30 gallon breeder

30 gallon breeder

Anabantids, characins, ciprinids, rainbows, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 pm
aquatic hoyt Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

hey everyone I was looking for ideas for my tank! what should I breed the idea would be was to have a group of small cories then a species to try and breed! any ideas accepted!

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 am
Templeflower Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Well what are you interested in? There are lots of species that are easy(ish) to breed, and the amount of fry care is very dependent on what you choose.

Easy/almost no fry care species might include

Live bearers (There are plenty of wild strain live bearers out there, if the common guppies/platys/mollies/swords don't interest you)

Many species of cichlids- my personal favorite for new-to-cichlids keepers is the common kribensis- Pelvichromis Pulcher. 30 breeder is a great size for them- keep them in sand or very small gravel, so the pair can clean their cave, and they pretty much take care of the rest. Just feed the babies and stand back!

More fry care species (ie get the eggs out of the tank and care for them yourself, or at least in a breeder box)
Some species of corydoras, rainbowfish, killifish, angel fish (probably too big for a 30 breeder tho), white clouds, and anabantoids (gouramis and bettas). Make sure to buy tank raised if at all possible, as these are almost always far easier to breed, and more forgiving of water parameters.

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:55 am
aquatic hoyt Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

cherry shrimp and rare strains of guppies....get the best of both worlds......and kribs in another tank.

Return to Community Fish