Board index Fish Talk Community Fish arowana community tank

arowana community tank

Anabantids, characins, ciprinids, rainbows, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 pm
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

what size tank should i get n how do i get 4 or so together that wont fight with each other so they look nice
Need a bigger tank

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 pm
kaoher Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Depending on what type at least 500 gallons for the 4 to live peacefully .. And you should get all 4 at the same time .. That's going to help with them living together in the tank.. I would do blacks or silvers .. Jars get pretty nasty as they age and will tear up the others.. Get them young to

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 am
tvang0226 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

^^^What Kao Says and good luck growing 4 of them up in a single tank! Gonna need alot room (tank space) and some clean as water. I have a 120 fb with 2 oscars and 2 silver dollars and my arowana seems to be stressed out, i think they like having alot room just to themselves. Growing all of them together around the same size would probably be the best option for them getting along, also keep in mind that jardinis aggression might take out the silver aros. Other than that just make sure your tanks well cycled because mine just died today :'( got too exited with the tank up, i rush the silver in the tank and died of a mad fungus attack (fin rot and who knows what else).

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:34 am
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

500 gal is to big for me now but where can i get a tank that big n how much would a great price be for a tank too
Need a bigger tank

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm
yenghang5 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

any tank that is that big u looking at a custom made an it not cheap...........mean thing how are u gonna get that in the basement lol.....so heavy.......last time i saw one on craiglist for 3000 just tank an stand
breeding some keeper peacock cichlid

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 pm
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

3000 i think that's too much for a tank can't i make my own for like 1000 or so only
Need a bigger tank

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:22 pm
tvang0226 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

lol man you must really want those aros to spend that much xD Im sure you can build your own for much less. As long as you have the $$$ and space your good! ahas

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

tvang0226 wrote:
lol man you must really want those aros to spend that much xD Im sure you can build your own for much less. As long as you have the $$$ and space your good! ahas

yeah i do but just want to know more so i will know if really want it
Need a bigger tank

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:14 pm
tvang0226 User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Have you ever raised a arowana before? if id recommend trying one out first lol they require a bit a work and clean water. unless your lucky and the arowanas hardcore and you wont have to worry too much about it! ahas me: 2 dead arowana x_x

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 pm
Kolopedo User avatar
Level 11 Member
Level 11 Member

I would consider keeping one nice specimen and housing it with something that will occupy the lower part of the tank. Something like a large shovelnose catfish for exaple. One super cool fish at the surface and another super cool fish on the substrate. That would be a pretty interesting monster tank!!
-Tom C.

. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

Kolopedo wrote:
I would consider keeping one nice specimen and housing it with something that will occupy the lower part of the tank. Something like a large shovelnose catfish for exaple. One super cool fish at the surface and another super cool fish on the substrate. That would be a pretty interesting monster tank!!

thinking about 4 or so arowana and some ray in my 125 then get a bigger tank once they get bigger.
Need a bigger tank

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:08 pm
ibleeg Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

Building a 500 gallon tank.... Man!!!! You might as well dig your self a small pool/pondXD
But yea, it's complicated

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:20 pm
yenghang5 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

plus make sure your house have good insurance to 125 an a 500 gallon if either one of those explode man it not gonna be good..............but try looking around maybe a brand new one cost to much but look for a use one thier mit be some cheaper on around
breeding some keeper peacock cichlid

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:46 pm
scottv User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Just get a 180-240 gallon tank for growouts. It'll be a couple years before you have to worry about space issues. Most likely, if they get large and don't work out you'll probably sell them off and keep a one or two, with whatever other bottom feeder tankmates you choose.
I love Amphilophus

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:47 pm
VANG Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

scottv wrote:
Just get a 180-240 gallon tank for growouts. It'll be a couple years before you have to worry about space issues. Most likely, if they get large and don't work out you'll probably sell them off and keep a one or two, with whatever other bottom feeder tankmates you choose.

was going to get a 180but can find any so got a 125
Need a bigger tank

Next

Return to Community Fish