Board index Other Stuff Off-Topic Replacement Windows

Replacement Windows

Got something non-fishy to say? Just keep it friendly.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon May 01, 2017 11:52 pm
Bob1 Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

I have to replace the windows in our town home. What Windows would you recommend? I have Anderson Windows coming tomorrow for a quote.

Post Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 am
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

I like Marvin Integrity. I hired my own installers and purchased Integrity from a dealer.
I liked Integrity because of Ultrex, very strong fiberglass. Ultrex withstands weather and looks good for years. No painting on exterior but it is paintable if needed. Ultrex can also be used on window interior. Due to humidity issues, wood can become infected with mold and mildew after 5-10 years. A window sealed with Ultrex on the inside is not going to have that issue. White Ultrex also has clean look to it.
Glazing is probably same as Anderson but the glazing allows sunlight and thus heat into house during winter and reflects sunlight during summer. This is possible due to the glazing and angle of the sun to the glazing.

If you do not want to find your own installers, then look for Marvin Infinity. Infinity is the same window as Integrity but Infinity is sold installed thus the price is higher because of installation. An Infinity dealer will send someone to your house.

Infinity is same marketing approach as Anderson's Renewal. Renewal windows are sold installed just as Infinity is sold installed.
Like a complete unknown

Post Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 pm
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

Whatever you do, don't buy vinyl frame windows. They sag almost immediately.

Willie :(

Post Wed May 03, 2017 9:56 am
mister malcontent User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Wellington Windows. Made in MPls, vinyl over wood frames, lifetime warranty that transfers to the next owner of your house. Have had them for over 15 yrs now with no issues. They look like brand new still. It was a toss up for us between these and Pella.
"I caught a falling star...It cut my hands to pieces"

Return to Off-Topic